Sunday, August 26, 2012

Temples in Thailand



TRAVEL  .  TRAVEL  .  TRAVEL


After more than 3 years I finally had a chance to meet my sister!
Her husband is so sweet and generous that his vacation gift to her was a trip to Thailand and for her to see us!
People from Thailand are very sweet and friendly.
Even though most of them do not know how to speak English fluently, they will always try their best to communicate and help you.
Our more then 2 week stay was not even enough.
The food, the fashion and the people will make you fall in love with Bangkok.
Aside from seeing the city, we also visited historical places like the temples or wats.

Wat Traimit houses the largest solid gold statue in the world.
It is located in Samphanthawong district (Chinatown), Bangkok, Thailand.
The Golden Buddha is 3 m tall and is estimated to be worth $250 million dollars.
The Golden Buddha.

Wat Pho is one of the largest and oldest wats in Bangkok. 
Also known as Temple of the Reclining Buddha located in Phra Nakhon district, Bangkok, Thailand.
It houses on the of the largest reclining Buddhas, 15 m high and 43 m long.
The Golden Reclining Buddha
The back view of the Buddha's head and 2 pillow boxes.
The Buddha's sole with 108 symbols of Buddha.
The Chedis
Intricate designs of the chedi.


Wat Benchamabophit is one of the most beautiful temples and a major tourist attraction in Bangkok.
Also known as the Marble Temple located in Dusit district, Bangkok, Thailand.
The Ordination Hall
A giant marble Singha.

This photo was taken at the steps of the Marble Temple with my beloved siblings.


Love Life,
zoë 

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it is beautiful there! How sweet of her husband, I'm glad you got to see your sister :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sunnies guys :) Cool!

    xx Diana
    http://stylegrenade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The temples in Thailand are the most beautiful things I have ever seen in real life. I think when I was there, I have never felt I was at a more beautiful place and the photos I took did not do them justice. Seriously, so insanely gorgeous!!!! And so glad you got to see your sister!! And THANK YOU so much for your kind words on my etsy shop!! That really means a lot to me!!
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!
    Win a $50 Giftcard from Mont Affair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THailand is fantastic !! I just hope to go there someday!!COuld you please consider following each other??www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter: @shineonbyandrea Instagram: shineonbyandrea
    Do you want to be in the next AndreaStyles post and have me as your stylist? It's free ! email me at shineonbyandrea@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanna go to Thailand, love the pictures. It looks so beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some gorgeous pictures. Thailand looks beautiful.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pictures, great blog:) I really wanna go to thailand:(
    I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the pictures are so nice *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy what you are usually up too. Such clever work and coverage! Keep up the good works
    Click here for Diabetes control solutions

    ReplyDelete