Saturday, August 6, 2011

AMY WINEHOUSE


My one and only magazine with Amy on the cover. issue  1028 June 14, 2007.


July 23, 2011

I was in Singapore having a vacation when a friend told me via sms from the Philippines early in the morning telling me that Amy Winehouse is dead.

I knew it wasnt a joke.
But I still refuse to believe it.
After few minutes another friend sent an sms.

Amy Winehouse is dead.

I had few shots of JD, I went emotional for few minutes.
This is not happening.

For me, amy Winehouse is a walking powerhouse of talent.
When I first heard the song Rehab, it stuck on my head and it became my anthem.
I googled her and there I found someone who I want to be if am a woman. Easy breezy and one h*lluva genius!
At work I would play her video clips over and over again.
Though am bad in singing, I would sing in the bathroom trying to imitate her voice the best way I can.

I would draw her in the middle of our training when am too bored listening to our trainer.

One of my unfinished sketches of Amy way back 2009.


She pre occupied my mind.

I don't care what the people say about her.
I don't care how the media portray her.
For me, she was real, raw and uber talented. 

The Beehive and the Cat's eye eyeliner.


To Amy, who inspired millions of people.
To Amy who made a difference and who is always true to herself and to everyone else.



The Legendary Amy Winehouse.
September 14, 1983 - July 23, 2011

To Amy, you will continue to live in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment